- Over 200 machines including 35 CNCs
- Advanced Water Jet cutting and CNC press-brakes
- Multi-axis VMCs for Gearbox manufacturing including 5-axis Machining Centre
- Induction Heat Treatment
- In-house Powder Coating plant
- Own captive foundries
- Govt-recognized R&D unit
Lagan has an extensive infrastructure consisting of the most modern machinery for building high quality machines and components. Its main works at Angus, Hooghly have a versatile Machine shop, Assembly Shop and Tool Room which can manufacture large structures as well as tiny precision parts. Lagan has two additional facilities where it has modern CNC equipment for high productivity and accuracy as well as cutting-edge fabrication infrastructure. Around 200 machine tools, including 35+ CNCs, form the core of Lagan’s infrastructure that can deliver solutions to a wide range of industries. Lagan also has its own Foundries for supply of quality castings.
1. Large and Diversified Machine Shop & Assembly Shop at Angus, Bhadreshwar with CNC and conventional machinery consisting of-
- Turret and Centre Lathes
- Cylindrical, Centreless and Internal Grinding
- Gear and Shaft Hobbing
- Horizontal, Vertical, Universal and Profile Milling
- Spindle and Pillar Drills
- Plaino millers,Planners
- Surface grinding,Horizontal boring
- Radial Drill
- Other special machines such as Balancing, Presses, Broaching, Keyway Milling, Slotting, Shapers, Saws, etc.
2. Modern CNC unit at Rishra focused on specialized components capable of doing small precision jobs and making longer shafts upto 1000 mm dia in length. Machine here includes:
- 5-Axis Vertical Machining Centre (Doosan),
- Turn Mill Centres (Doosan),
- CNC Press Brake (Baykal)
- Drill Tap Centre (Fanuc)
- Double Column Machining Centre (Hartford).
- Water Jet Profile Cutting Machine (Flow)Induction Hardening Machine
3. Ductile Iron Foundry at Khanyan spread over 9 Acres with Induction furnace and matching equipments.
4. Grey Iron Foundry at Adisaptagram spread over 30 Acres with 2 Cupola Furnaces, moulding machine and a mechanized Sand Plant. Casting weight range 1- 1000kgs.
5. R&D centre recognized by Ministry of Science & Industrial Research and Prototyping Workshop at Rishra.
All units are located in the vicinity of Kolkata, West Bengal.
The Assembly Shop is well equipped with pneumatic and electric hand tools, custom-made fixtures and jigs and extensive material handling equipment for building machines.
Lagan takes pride in its team of professionals which include experienced and qualified Engineers in the field of Mechanical Engineering, Electrical and Electronics, Production Engineering, Metallurgy and Textile Engineering. The company employs more than 500 persons over its various locations.